D&C 63:20-22
63:20-22 - No we get to an interesting concept, that of the transfiguration of the earth. There’s a lot that I don’t understand about this but the IM teaches, “The earth will pass through two changes which might be called transfigurations: 1. At the beginning of the Millennium, it will be raised from its present telestial to a terrestrial state, and only the righteous will have a place on earth at that time. 2. After the thousand years are ended, the earth will be celestialized and the faithful who are worthy of that glory will receive their permanent inheritance thereon.” The fact that the earth will be restored to it’s perfect, glorious condition is really comforting to me because I live in a place with a lot of pollution and I like to think that one day I will be able to see what this place really was intended to look. I also sometimes think “I wonder what this place looked like to the very first person who ever saw it,” and it’s exciting to think that one day I will be able see all the world in its majesty and glory, and it allows me to focus more on the work that I’m supposed to do here and now because I want to travel, I want to see the world, desperately, but knowing that I’ll have a chance to see all that and more eventually allows me to let go of my “now or never” attitude towards travel.
I know that this is very short, but this is a great section and I want to do it justice, but I’m short on time and very tired.
Comments
Post a Comment