Chronology - Some Thoughts
I was getting ready to get into chapter 16 today that is an introduction to David, but while listening to the lectures about it, something was mentioned about a Psalm being written about David’s earliest experiences and I remembered that I think David wrote most of the book of Psalms. So I started wondering how much better it would be if I studied about David and 1st and 2nd Samuel and then studied about the Psalms that David wrote during the corresponding events, if that makes sense. So like instead of doing all of Samuel, Kings, and whatever comes next, studying Samuel, which events, and then reading the Psalms that David wrote about such events. For me, I think that would be the most fulfilling, I think I would like that the best but the problem is that both TB and the IM don’t do their studying like that so I would have to stay right on top of the order of everything and go back and forth between the different books and chapters, reading and studying and putting everything together that way. I would be a little bit more work and make studying and writing a little bit disjointed, but I think that it would be worth the effort. So I’m going back and forth deciding what to do that way.
That sent me down a rabbit hole of Bible chronology for books written and it’s wild. There’s a link to the individual chapters of the Bible and lists them in chronological order. Some are straight forward but others are quite involved, so I’m deciding if I want to do the whole study like that, chronologically. I don’t know how profitable that would be, Judges was finished before the book of Ruth and Ruth happened in the beginning of the book of Judges and I don’t know if the effort to study it when it happened chronologically would have been worth it, I don’t think that it would have added anything. So I’m still kind of torn on what to do. Both TB and the IM didn’t find the extra effort of studying in chronological order to be worth it, so should I? I don’t know. I think maybe even just doing the Psalms interspersed while studying about David might at least be worth it. I don’t know.

Comments
Post a Comment